Dhanurasana is a profound back-twisting posture of hatha yoga that makes your body take the state of a bow. Otherwise called the Bow Pose, it gets its name from the Sanskrit words ‘dhanur’ significance bow and ‘asana’ importance act.
Dhanurasana yoga presents tracks down notice in the nineteenth-century messages. This asana is typically finished before the Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) and the Upward-Facing Dog Pose (Yrdhva Mukha Svanasana). The asanas that follow Dhanurasana incorporate the Fish Pose (Matsyasana), Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasna), and Wheel Pose (Urdhva Dhanurasana).
While doing yoga bow present deals with the muscles in your:
- Upper, lower, and center back
- Biceps and rear arm muscles
- Arms and shoulders
How to Practice the Dhanurasana?
Before you endeavor the bow present, it is really smart to dominate preliminary stances like the Bhujangasana and Salabhasana. Whenever you have become familiar with those postures, you can get everything rolling with the yoga bow present as indicated by the means framed beneath. Make sure to follow these means altogether, so you can get a decent grasp on the Dhanurasana.
Stage 1: Lie down level on your stomach and spot your hands lined up with your middle, with the palms looking vertical. Your feet ought to be hip-width separated.
Stage 2: Inhale profoundly and lift your feet off the ground, twisting your legs at the knees.
Stage 3: Simultaneously, lift your hands off the ground and hold your lower legs tenderly. Keep your feet hip-width separated for better equilibrium.
Stage 4: Once you have steadied yourself here, lift your chest and shoulders further vertical, however much you can. All the while, pursue carrying your feet nearer to your back as well. Make sure to keep your head looking ahead and your midsection squeezed against the floor.
Stage 5: Hold this posture for a couple of moments, breathe in and breathe out profoundly, and tenderly deliver your lower legs. Then, at that point, bring down your feet, your chest, and your head back on the ground.
Dhanurasana Yoga: What are the advantages?
From psychological well-being to actual wellness, Dhanurasana yoga’s benefits are endless. Rehearsing Dhanurasana present consistently yields plenty of good outcomes in the body.
- This presence stretches the midsection and the stomach organs, and hence animates the regenerative organs
- It fortifies the lower legs, thighs, crotches, chest, shoulders, neck, spine, and muscular strength and makes them adaptable
- Practicing Dhanurasana assists you with shedding calories and consuming your muscle-to-fat ratio, particularly in the midsection. It additionally helps in conditioning the legs and arm muscles
- It is incredibly useful for diminishing weariness and laziness. This asana animates the nerves in the navel locale, which offers improved productivity and works on the kidney and liver capabilities, stomach-related framework, and regenerative framework
- It further develops absorption and craving also.
- Dhanurasana aids in better blood dissemination to the whole body and all organs
- It additionally assists individuals with renal (kidney) messes like Kidney stones, Glomerulonephritis, Polycystic kidney, Urinary parcel contaminations (UTIs), and so on.
- Dhanurasana is a fantastic asana to fix back torment as it gives a decent stretch to the nerves, tendons, and muscles toward the back.
- This yoga pose kneads the liver and guarantees better working of the multitude of nearby organs
- Dhanurasana posture helps in restoring asthma
- It is likewise extraordinary assistance for feminine uneasiness and stoppage
- It fixes dyspepsia (corpulence), stiffness, and gastrointestinal issues
- It additionally works on the capability of the pancreas and is advantageous in diabetes
Insurances to take to perform Dhanurasana
Whether you are a novice or a carefully prepared yoga specialist, it is important to play it safe when you are getting into this asana. Here are a few things you ought to deal with while playing out the Dhanurasana.
- Try not to extend your upper or lower body past the mark of solace. On the off chance that you wind up stressing to arrive at your lower legs, take it gradually and utilize cushions or cushioned blocks for help.
- If you experience the ill effects of neck issues or have lower back wounds, this may not be the right asana for you, since it could disturb those issues.
- Hold your lower legs tenderly. Try not to press excessively hard, since that could impede dissemination.